This is a news article on June 30, 2019, forwarded from the Construction and Planning Agency.
The Construction and Planning Agency, the Ministry of Interior spent three months planning and building a single portal, “Online Application for Taiwan Mountaineering Information Network”, to provide a friendly and convenient website service. This website combines the information on the entry applications for mountaineering from the Forestry Bureau, the National Police Agency and the Construction and Planning Agency. The website will be launched on June 30.
A single portal for convenient mountaineering
The Taiwanese mountaineering regulations are the responsibility of numerous agencies. The park entry permit, mountain entry permit and mountain hut reservation are required. Hikers must apply for the park entry permit from a national park, the mountain entry permit from the National Police Agency and the mountain hut reservation from the Forestry Bureau. The application rules and information are scattered in the application system of all authorities. Hikers need a website and a platform that integrate all the information. The Construction and Planning Agency, Ministry of Interior, set up a service website integrating all the mountaineering application services in Taiwan for the convenience of hikers. Hikers must submit the application for entry permit to a mountain control area to the website of the National Police Agency, the mountain hut reservation and the application for the entry permit to a nature reserve to the website of the Forestry Bureau, and the application for the entry permit to a national park to the website of the Construction and Planning Agency. The entry permit to a national park contains the application for the entry permit to a mountain control area in a national park to the National Police Agency. All the websites above are combined into a single portal. The functions of the portal include the following:
Continuous system optimization for gradual service enhancement
- 1.Homepage: Hikers can look up the routes and application information and download the route application summary table. It would be easier for hikers to know the authority they must submit the application to.
- 2.Route planning, search and application link: Hikers can look up the space search of Taiwan map, keyword search, route planning and link to the application website.
- 3.Information and rules for mountaineering safety: The website summarizes the application rules and precautions for the entry permit to the national park and mountain. It releases all the information required, and discloses complete information immediately. It's easier for hikers to learn about and find out about relevant rules and regulations.
- 4.Q&A of the application for the entry permit to the national park and mountain: People can look up the Q&A for common questions about the entry permit to the national park and mountain. It is faster for people to find solutions.
- 5.News: The website provides instant information such as all kinds of information, events and corrections.
- 6.The English version of the website: Foreigners who wish to visit Taiwan for mountaineering can check out the information on the website and apply for hiking.
- 7.Relevant links to hiking websites: This website provides links to hiking websites owned by the government and the private sector. It offers sufficient hiking information and continues to promote education on mountaineering safety.
The Construction and Planning Agency, Ministry of Interior, emphasized that this single portal is still in its initial phase. The park entry permit, mountain entry permit and mountain hut reservation are managed by different agencies. The integration has room for improvement. In the initial stage, functions might not be able to satisfy all the requirements of hikers. The Construction and Planning Agency apologizes for any inconvenience it may cause. After the launch, it will continue to listen to accept the opinions of hikers and make modifications and expand functions progressively. The Construction and Planning Agency reminds hikers that from now on, they can go to the “Online Application for Taiwan Mountaineering Information Network” to apply for hiking. The website address is:https://mountain.cpami.gov.tw/